Public Conference: Towards the Youth Synod!
Do Christian churches have the will and the ability to welcome LGBT+ youth?
Rome, Aula Magna, Waldensian Faculty of Theology
Youth Synod Catholic Church
The Catholic Church is preparing for the Youth Synod. Many young LGBT+ people have experienced troubles in feeling accepted and included within their Christian communities because of their sexual orientation or gender identity. Specific paths and pastoral care for LGBT+ youths are needed.
Public (pre)Conference European Forum and Cammini di Speranza
The conference ‘Towards the Youth Synod’ gives voice to the hopes and needs of young LGBT+ Christian people and presents some best practices of inclusion, which could be used as an example and starting point for a reflection on inclusive pastoral care.
The event takes place within the program of the Annual Conference of the European Forum of LGBT Christian Groups, which takes place again in Italy for the first time (Albano Laziale, Rome, 9-13 May 2018). More information: https://www.euroforumlgbtchristians.eu/91-english/annual-conferences/2018-albano-italy/262-albano-laziale-rome-2018-provisional-programme.
Program Conference ‘Towards the Youth Synod’
Moderator: Andrea Rubera, Cammini di Speranza’s spokeperson
16:00: Registration and welcome coffee
16:30: Beginning of the Conference
- Introduction by the moderator
- Rev. James Martin, SJ, Editor at Large America Media (video message)
- Keynote speech: Marco Agricola , Evangelical Youth Federation in Italy
- Presentation from the Youth Program for young LGBT+ Catholics:
- Best practices of pastoral care towards young LGBT+ people in Europe
- Hopes and expectations of young LGBT+ Christian people
- Parents contribution: Dea Santonico (Italy)