What is the European Forum?
The European Forum of Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender Christian Groups is an ecumenical association of LGBT Christian groups in Europe.
The European Forum aims to achieve equality and inclusion for LGBT people within and through Christian churches, other religious bodies and multilateral organisations.
The European Forum works for freedom of religion, for human rights and dignity for LGBT people and for an affirmative discourse on human sexuality.
Job announcement: Programme Officer
The European Forum of LGBT Christian Groups is looking for a
PROGRAMME OFFICER (part time)
“Help to create a stronger faith voice in favour of LGBT equality in Europe”
The European Forum of LGBT Christian Groups is a growing organisation. The LGBT Christian voice in favour of equality for all LGBT people in Europe is increasingly heard and acknowledged. In July 2016 The European Forum was granted participatory membership in the NGO Conference of the Council of Europe, Europe’s leading institute for human rights. Would you like to make the faith voice in favour of LGBT equality in Europe even stronger? Do you have what it takes to oversee and coordinate our project work and a team of four staff members, to liaise with the Board of the European Forum for all the ongoing work? Do you have networking skills, are you experienced in advocacy within a non-governmental organisation and are you knowledgeable of the situation of (Christian) LGBT people in Europe?
The European Forum of LGBT Christian Groups is an ecumenical network of more than fifty groups from 25 countries. We offer you an exciting opportunity to work for our organisation, to appeal to Europe’s moveable middle with our LGBT Christian voice and to support Christian LGBT activists in their work for justice and equality. The European Forum is looking for a professional programme officer on a flexible basis (25 hours per week).
The successful candidate we are looking for will:
- be able to develop programme initiatives and project outlines;
- be able to oversee the organisation's funds and budgets;
- be able to generate programme reports;
- have good networking and interpersonal skills;
- have good organisational skills;
- have experience in working in a voluntary work environment;
- have advocacy experience within the frame of international institutions or within a national NGO;
- have sound knowledge in the field of LGBT human rights;
- have sufficient knowledge in the field of LGBT Christianity throughout Europe;
- be able to communicate well in both written and spoken English;
- be sympathetic to the aims of the European Forum;
- have experience in working under his/her own initiative to strict deadlines;
- be aware of confidentiality requirements of the work.
Core skills of the programme officer we are looking for are:
- understanding organisational goals and objectives and creating programmes that adhere to these guidelines;
- implementing programmes and projects to help organisations meet goals and objectives
- apply project management knowledge regarding development, staffing, budgeting and scheduling;
- developing relationships with various community, governmental and other non-profit organisations.
Additional qualities and experience that would be an advantage:
- Some knowledge of written and spoken Russian;
- Commitment to ecumenical work within a Christian context;
- An understanding of religious politics and dialogue with church leaders.
- To coordinate and manage the funded work of the European Forum;
- To coordinate and manage the strategic planning and the planning of projects and activities of the European Forum;
- To bring further content to the European Forum membership of the INGO Conference of the Council of Europe;
- To represent the European Forum in other European institutions and organisations;
- To co-operate closely with the board of the European Forum, its financial administrator, its fundraiser and its communications officer.
Location: home based, able to travel.
Period: January 2018 – June 2019.
Working hours: approximately 25 hours per week.
Monthly fee range: €2450 gross.
The Programme Officer is a service provider, who is legally contracted by the European Forum. Personal responsibility for paying taxes and social payments in country of origin.
You will find further information about the European Forum on our website: www.euroforumlgbtchristians.eu.
Closing date for receipt of applications: 26 September 2017, 23.59 CET.
Note: Interviews will be held on site in the vicinity of Rome Ciampino Airport on 21–22 October 2017 (travel expenses and accommodation are covered by the European Forum).
The European Forum operates an equal opportunities employment policy, in that it does not discriminate on the basis of sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, ethnicity, disability or age.