What is the European Forum?
The European Forum of Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender Christian Groups is an ecumenical association of LGBT Christian groups in Europe.
The European Forum aims to achieve equality and inclusion for LGBT people within and through Christian churches, other religious bodies and multilateral organisations.
The European Forum works for freedom of religion, for human rights and dignity for LGBT people and for an affirmative discourse on human sexuality.
Job announcement: Financial Administrator (CLOSED)
The European Forum of LGBT Christian Groups is looking for a
FINANCIAL ADMINISTRATOR (part time)
“Help to create a stronger faith voice in favour of LGBT equality in Europe”
The European Forum of LGBT Christian Groups (EF) is an ecumenical network of about 50 groups from 25 countries. The European Forum is a growing organisation. The LGBT Christian voice in favour of equality for all LGBT people in Europe is increasingly being heard and acknowledged. The growing number of the European Forum tasks demands efficient financial organisation and transparency.
The European Forum is looking for a professional Financial Administrator. Along with excellent professional and personal skills we expect the Financial Administrator to demonstrate enthusiasm and support of the aims of our organisation. Your primary task will be to manage the grants and general fund of the European Forum, delivering accurate balances of income and expenses for different working groups and projects. The Financial Administrator will be responsible to the Treasurer and the Board of the European Forum.
- proven experience in finance management;
- academic degree;
- excellent accounting skills;
- excellent numeric and analytical skills;
- excellent knowledge of MS Excel;
- excellent communication skills;
- good organisational skills;
- knowledge of a financial management software – an advantage;
- ability to produce financial reports;
- ability to create budgets;
- ability to work independently and in a team;
- ability to work to deadlines;
- excellent English knowledge both written and spoken;
- experience in working in a voluntary work environment – an advantage;
- knowledge in the field of LGBT/human rights and Christianity throughout Europe – an advantage;
- to manage the financial income of the European Forum and the expenses of various working groups on a daily basis;
- to undertake a strategical analysis of the finances of the European Forum and propose future strategies;
- to manage the bank account, PayPal account, cash payments and credit card account of the European Forum;
- to prepare payments;
- to register all the financial operations in FundEZ system;
- to produce financial reports on a regular and/or ad-hoc basis;
- to produce and manage budgets;
- to collaborate with the Programme Officer, Fundraiser and other Board and Staff members;
- to participate in the Board online and physical meetings;
- to present the finances to the European Forum Membership at the Annual General Meeting
Location: home based, able to travel
Period: January 2018 – June 2019
Working hours: approximately 15 hours per week.
Monthly fee range: €1125 gross.
The Financial Administrator is a service provider, who is legally contracted by the European Forum. Personal responsibility for paying taxes and social payments in country of origin.
You will find further information about the European Forum on our website: www.euroforumlgbtchristians.eu.
Closing date for receipt of applications: 19 September 2017, 23.59 CET.
Note: Interviews will be held on site in the vicinity of Rome Ciampino Airport on 21–22 October 2017 (travel expenses and accommodation are covered by the European Forum).
The European Forum operates an equal opportunities employment policy, in that it does not discriminate on the basis of sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, ethnicity, disability or age.